The school of Paramedics is a subsidiary of AIMS established in Rehmat Teaching Hospital, Manshera Road Abbottabad attached with Medical College Abbottabad for Clinical Teaching of the students. It is established to fulfill the following objectives.
- To input quality para-medical education fulfilling national needs conforming to international standards.
- To promote para-medical education in the perspective of modern advances in this field.
- To popularize the para-medical sciences as a obligatory adjacent to community health services.
- To meet the demands of para-medical staff by the National and International health care systems.
- To develop learning resources center to inculcate curiosity latest developments in para-medicines for newer discoveries in the health community.
- To set better standards of para-medical education and provide state of the art patient care.
Hence, Physical therapy covers basic parameters of healing sciences i.e. preventive, promotive, diagnostic, rehabilitative, and curative
Abbottabad Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS) is affiliated with Faculty of Paramedical and Allied Health Sciences, (FPMA) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.Affiliation and Recognition
Diploma Courses offered, Eligibility and Duration
|Title of Course||Eligibility||Duration|
|Anaesthesia Technology||Matric with Science (Min 50% Marks)||2 Years|
|Dental Technology||-do-||2 Years|
|Dialysis Technology||-do-||2 Years|
|Pathology Technology||-do-||2 Years|
|Health Technology||-do-||2 Years|
|Pharmacy Technology||-do-||2 Years|
|Radiology Technology||-do-||2 Years|
|Surgical Technology||-do-||2 Years|
|Medical Technology||-do-||2 Years|
Rules and Regulations
- 70% attendance in the theory and practical’s training is mandatory to become for appearing in the final examination.
- If a student fails to secure 75% attendance in any semester/ calendar year she/ he will not be allowed to appear in the final examination.
- Leave applications are not accounted for the purpose of attendance but are necessary for information.
- A student whose record shows continuous absence for 15 days from lectures of practical training without any intimation his/ her name will be struck off from the institution without any notice.
- A student will not be granted more than 05 days leave at a time however Principal can grant more in case of emergency.
- Short leave is not admissible.
- Student who does not wear proper uniform will be fined and will be marked absent from class.
- All students will strictly abide by the rules of discipline as enforced at the Institute authorities from time to time.